If you’re looking for a way to optimize your sleeping space without sacrificing comfort, then there’s no better choice than the trundle bed. This type of bed is both spacious and cleverly designed with an extra roll-out frame tucked away neatly beneath the main mattress, allowing two people to sleep comfortably in a single frame.
Putting together one of these beds can seem daunting at first – but don’t worry! We’ve got all the information right here on how to put a trundle bed together quickly and easily so that you’ll be counting sheep before you know it. So read on and let’s get started!
Tools You Will Need
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
- Adjustable wrench
- Tape measure
6 Steps Guide on How to Put a Trundle Bed Together
1. Lay Out the Main Frame
Starting off the trundle bed assembly process with the main frame is a great idea as it provides a stable base for the bed. Ensure that you have a flat surface to work on, such as a floor, and then set the frame down on top.
Take the time to make sure it is level so that when you start constructing the other pieces, like the side rails and support slats, everything will line up properly. Once the frame has been secured in place and all screws are checked for accuracy, you can move on to putting together your trundle bed.
2. Attach the Mattress Support
Building a queen-size floating bed can be done by securely attaching the mattress support to the frame with Phillips head screws and an adjustable wrench. This will provide extra stability and add a modern, fashionable look to your bedroom.
Assembling this bed requires minimal tools and knowledge of brackets and bolts, and it only takes a few hours depending on how quickly you work. When complete, this task offers satisfaction in that you were able to build a queen size floating bed all on your own!
3. Attach the Legs of the Bed Frame
After you have finished drilling holes, attaching the plywood slats, and aligning the steel frame, it’s time to connect the legs with screws. Start by using a Phillips head screwdriver to attach flathead screws firmly into the leg slots of your frame – this will help secure them in place for maximum support.
Once all four legs are in place, double-check that all screws have been tightened and that your bed frame is sturdily built to support an entire Queen size mattress comfortably. Doing so ensures that as time goes on your beautiful floating bed will remain in excellent condition for years to come!
4. Place the Main Mattress
Creating a queen-size floating bed is a great way to make a statement in your bedroom. After gathering the materials, you’ll need to start by assembling the main frame with the spacer blocks in between each end support. Make sure that all of the screws are tightened securely and that none of them are stripping.
Once the frame is ready, place the main mattress on top of it and make sure it fits snugly along all sides. Lay down some felt or foam padding over the frame before placing your comfortable mattress cover to give your finished bed extra cushioning underfoot and a more inviting comfort overall.
Finally, add decorative touches such as throw pillows and blankets to give your bed its finishing touches. Your dreamy queen-size floating bed will soon be complete–ready for you to enjoy!
5. Attach the Trundle Bed Frame
Making a queen size floating bed just got easier! With a click of a trundle bed frame, you can now turn any regular mattress into a spacious, modern-style oasis. All it requires is Phillips head screws and an adjustable wrench to connect the trundle bed frame to the main frame.
The combination creates a perfect fit that allows you to rest easy on the hybrid design without feeling cramped or uncomfortable. It’s quite easy once you get started – simply measure and screw in the right places and you’ll be ready to experience true bliss on your completed floating bed design in no time!
6. Measure and Cut Your Slats
To finish off the construction of your queen-size floating bed, grab your measuring tape and cut the slats or plywood that will fit inside your trundle bed frame. Make sure to double-check your measurements before securing them with screws.
Be careful to ensure all of the pieces are level with one another so that you can fully enjoy the benefits of a well-made floating bed. With just these few easy steps, you’ll be settling down in the comfort of your queen-size floating bed in no time at all!
And there you have it – your trundle bed is all setup and ready to go! With these simple steps, you’ll be able to optimize your sleeping space in no time. So why wait? Get started on that trundle bed today and impress your family, friends, and guests with this cleverly designed piece of furniture!
Tips to Put a Trundle Bed Together
- Before you start putting your trundle bed together, you must read the instructions that came with it. This will give you a better understanding of how the bed should be put together, and it will also help to prevent any mistakes from being made.
- To put your trundle bed together, you will need to gather a few tools and materials. You will need a screwdriver, a hammer, nails, and screws. You will also need some wood glue and sandpaper. If you do not have all of these things, you may not be able to put your bed together properly.
- Once you have all of your tools and materials gathered, you will need to cut the pieces of wood to the correct size. This is an important step, as cutting the pieces too small or too large can make it difficult or even impossible to put the bed together correctly.
- The next step is to assemble the frame of the bed. This is typically done by attaching the side rails to the headboard and footboard using screws or nails. Once the frame is assembled, you can then move on to attaching the slats.
- The slats are what will support your mattress, so they must be attached correctly. Typically, they are attached using screws or nails. It is important to make sure that they are evenly spaced so that your mattress will have proper support.
- Once the frame and slats are in place, you can then add your mattress and bedding. Make sure that everything is snugly in place so that there are no gaps where someone could potentially fall through.
- Once you have everything in place, it is time to test out your new trundle bed! Make sure that everything seems sturdy and secure before allowing anyone to sleep in it.
Maximize Your Sleeping Space with a Simple DIY Trundle Bed Setup
If you’re looking to maximize the sleeping space in your home without having to invest in a whole new bed, why not go DIY and build your trundle bed? The trundle design offers extra sleeping space when needed that doesn’t have to take up any extra floor space.
It’s the perfect solution for guests or other family members who may need a place to rest their heads on occasion. And with just a few basic supplies and some simple instructions, you can easily create and set up your own trundle bed within an afternoon. The best part?
You don’t have to be an experienced woodworker or a carpenter to create something that looks great. So go ahead and get crafting -it’s time to maximize your sleeping space with a simple DIY trundle bed setup!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should You Read the Instructions That Came With Your Trundle Bed?
You should read the instructions that came with your trundle bed because it will give you a better understanding of how the bed should be put together, and it will also help to prevent any mistakes from being made. Additionally, reading the instructions will inform you of what tools and materials you need to gather to put your trundle bed together properly.
How Should the Slats Be Attached to the Frame?
The slats should typically be attached to the frame using screws or nails. It is important to make sure that they are evenly spaced so that your mattress will have proper support. Additionally, it is important to make sure that everything is secure and snug so there are no gaps where someone could potentially fall through.
How Important is It to Test the Trundle Bed Once It’s Finished?
It is very important to test the trundle bed once it’s finished to make sure that everything is sturdy and secure before allowing anyone to sleep in it. This step helps ensure that there are no safety issues with the bed.
Additionally, testing it out helps to make sure that everything is put together correctly and that there are not any structural issues. Testing it out will also help you to make any necessary adjustments before making use of the bed.
These are the steps you need to follow to put a trundle bed together. You should carefully determine how to put a trundle bed together. With these tips, you should be able to do it without any problem. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to reach out to us and we will be happy to help you out.