Do you ever struggle to put together a cohesive look in your bedroom? It is important to know how to coordinate curtains with bedding. Are curtains just an afterthought for you, added long after the bedding has already been chosen and thrown onto the bed?
If so, then you’re not alone – coordinating curtains with bedding can be a tricky task. However, when done right, bedroom window treatments can elevate your space and make it feel more polished. In this blog post, we will discuss how to coordinate curtains with various styles of bedding so that your room looks finished and stylish.
Tools You Will Need
- Tape Measure
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Curtain Rods and Hardware
- Fabric Swatches (optional)
6 Steps Guide on How to Coordinate Curtains With Bedding
1. Choose Your Bedding First
When it comes to putting together a bedroom design that looks coherent and cohesive, a great place to start is with your bedding. Bedding sets the tone for the whole room, so if you choose your bedding first, it’s easy to match the rest of the elements around it.
When you already have the bedding in place, it’s simpler to find curtains that will complement or contrast it attractively. If you pick out a color palette from your bedding, like shades of blue, then you can use this hue as an anchor for all of your other decorating choices.
Conversely, if there is a print on the bedding that stands out – such as a rose pattern – then it may be best to choose solid colors or simple designs in other fabrics to draw attention away from that design feature. The key point here is that having good bedding at the center helps bring balance and continuity when styling the rest of your bedroom decor.
2. Consider the Room’s Color Scheme
Choosing the right color scheme for your bedroom is one of the most important decisions when it comes to interior decorating. By considering how your curtains and bedding coordinate, you can give your room a consistent, pleasing look that will enhance any aesthetic.
Splashes of bold or subtle colors can be used to brighten up a dull room, but too many different colors in different shades may end up clashing with each other. Carefully choosing a unified color palette will ensure that all the elements of your bedroom work together in harmony and look great!
3. Get the Details Right
If you want to coordinate bedding with curtains in your bedroom, getting the details right is key. Choosing a fabric that complements both pieces is a great place to start. Keep tone, texture, and color in mind when making your selections. Additionally, when selecting curtains, consider their length and the fullness they provide.
Think about the amount of sunlight that comes into the room or if you prefer less light. Doing so will help create a balance between the bedding and drapes. With careful consideration of all these elements, you can create an aesthetically pleasing look with eye-catching fabrics and matching designs!
4. Hang Your Curtains Correctly
Enhancing the style of your bedroom shouldn’t be complicated. With just a few simple steps, you can hang your curtains correctly and make sure they coordinate with your bedding. First, use bracket holders to secure the curtain rod so that it’s positioned at an appropriate height above the window frame.
Then, when hanging the curtains make sure they are full and pleated evenly on each side by adjusting the rod accordingly. You’ll want to leave enough room for the curtains to naturally hang and drape open or closed. Additionally, using a variety of prints and patterns from coordinating collections is an effortless way to jazz up any interior design.
Don’t forget to mix textures as well such as ruffles or faux fur for added drama. With these tips in mind, you’ll easily be able to make sure that your curtains blend beautifully with your bedding!
5. Consider How Much Light You Want
When decorating your bedroom, the amount of light you want can have an impact on the curtains and bedding that you choose. Light-filtering fabrics or blackout curtains will keep most of the light out, so these types are good for bedrooms where you prefer dimmer lighting or don’t want too much outside light.
If you want more natural light in your bedroom, sheers and lighter materials create a gentle flow of sunlight throughout the day. When coordinating your curtains with bedding, try to coordinate with one of the prints on the bedspread or other decorative elements in the room. This will provide a unified look for your bedroom décor.
6. Accessorize With Matching Pillows and Throws
Accessorizing with matching pillows and throws to coordinate curtains with bedding is an easy way to tie the look of your bedroom together. Pillows can be stylized, patterned, or of the same hue as your curtains while throws bring the comfort of a blanket that can double as visual interest.
When selecting your bedding, consider the colors and prints curled up on your pillows and throws for a cohesive style statement. Take this further by selecting window treatment fabrics in complementary hues and patterns from which to layer pillows and blankets for a living space that invokes a sense of custom design without too much fuss.
By following these six tips, you can create a bedroom that looks stylish and put together. Coordinating curtains with bedding doesn’t have to be a daunting task – follow these simple steps and you’ll be well on your way to creating the perfect bedroom. Good luck!
Tips to Coordinate Curtains With Bedding
- One of the first things to consider when coordinating curtains with bedding is the color scheme. You’ll want to choose a color scheme that complements the overall design of the room. If you’re not sure what colors go well together, you can consult a color wheel or look for inspiration online or in magazines.
- Another thing to consider is the style of the curtains and bedding. For example, if you have a more traditional style of decor, you might want to choose curtains with a more classic look, such as those made of linen or silk. If your decor is more modern, you might want to choose curtains with a more contemporary look, such as those made of cotton or polyester.
- It’s also important to consider the function of the curtains and bedding. For example, if you need privacy in your bedroom, you’ll want to choose curtains that are thick and opaque. If you’re looking for something that will let in light but still provide some privacy, you’ll want to choose sheer or semi-sheer curtains.
- When it comes to choosing a length for your curtains, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to make sure that the curtains are long enough to cover the entire window. Second, you’ll want to take into account how much light you want to let in and how much privacy you need. For example, if you have a large window and don’t mind letting in a lot of light, you might choose shorter curtains that only cover the bottom half of the window. On the other hand, if you have a small window and need privacy, you might choose longer curtains that cover the entire window.
- Once you’ve decided on the perfect length for your curtains, it’s important to hang them at the proper height. The general rule is that they should be hung about four inches above the windowsill. However, this can vary depending on the style of the curtain rod and rings that you use.
- If you want to be able to open and close your curtains easily, you’ll want to use tiebacks or holdbacks. Tiebacks are pieces of fabric that are attached to each side of the curtain and can be tied together to hold them back when they’re not needed. Holdbacks are similar to tiebacks but are usually made of metal or plastic and hook onto the wall instead of being tied together.
- If you want even more control over how much light enters your room, you can layer your Curtains with blinds or shades. This will also add another layer of insulation, helping to keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- If solid colors aren’t your thing, another option is to choose Curtains with complementary patterns. For example, if your Wedding has a floral pattern, you could choose Curtains with a geometric pattern. Just be careful not to go overboard – too many patterns can be overwhelming.
- If you want your Curtains to stand out, consider adding trim or embellishments. This could include anything from lace trimming to sequins or beads. Just be sure not to overdo it – a little goes a long way.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to get creative when Coordinating Curtains with Bedding. There are no hard and fast rules, so feel free to experiment until you find something that works for you.
How to Choose the Right Curtain and Bedding Combination?
When decorating a room, pairing your curtains and bedding correctly can be tricky. The key to finding the right combination is to create a balance between warm, inviting colors, patterns, and textures. Begin by picking a dominant color scheme that you like and start adding complementary shades of the same color to vary the warmth or coolness of the palette.
Achieving unity in the design while avoiding monotony is advantageous, plus bold prints on curtains with quieter bedding are sure to turn heads. Utilize different combinations of fabrics to bring depth and richness to your aesthetic.
A timeless look could also be sought out by using neutral tones to make it easier for both future accents and larger pieces of furniture. Ultimately, find the perfect balance for any living space by intelligently combining curtains and bedding according to one’s desired style!
How do Add Trim or Embellishments to Your Curtains and Bedding?
Adding trims or embellishments to curtains and bedding can be an easy way to spruce up outdated or dull décor. Trims range from a variety of materials and styles, from soft fringes and ruffles to statement patterns such as tassels or beads.
Fabric stores often have pre-made trims that can easily be attached with fusible webbing tape, while true craft connoisseurs might use more complicated methods such as applique or embroidery.
To finish off your design, throw pillows and accents of the same trim add texture and are much more cost-effective than purchasing new curtains or bedding altogether. Whether you opt for simple pleating or intricate details, these pieces will surely tie your décor together in no time!
Coordinating your curtains with your bedding can be a fun and challenging task. You should carefully determine how to coordinate curtains with bedding. There are many ways to go about it, and the most important thing is to find what works best for you and your home.
With a little bit of creativity, you can create a beautiful and coordinated look that will make your bedroom feel warm and inviting.