Are you searching for an easy way to keep your Big Joe bean bag chair looking new? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
If you’ve just purchased a Big Joe bean bag chair or have had one for some time now and need to clean it, here’s an easy guide to keeping your bean bag looking as comfy as the day you bought it.
In this blog post, we’ll share all of our top tips and tricks on how to wash a big joe bean bag chair — from pre-treatment methods and dirt removal techniques to spot cleaning and maintenance suggestions.
So get ready for some helpful advice to ensure your Big Joe furniture stays beautiful for years to come!
What Will You Need?
Before you can begin washing your Big Joe bean bag chair, gathering all the necessary materials is important. Here’s a list of what you should have on hand:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Soft cloths
- Mild detergent
- Warm water
- Stain remover (optional)
Once you’ve gathered everything you need, it’s time to start the cleaning process.
10 Easy Steps on How to Wash a Big Joe Bean Bag Chair
Step 1: Remove Loose Dirt and Debris
Start by removing any dirt or debris from the surface of your Big Joe bean bag chair. You can do this with a vacuum cleaner. Use a brush attachment if available, as it is less abrasive and more gentle on the fabric. Remember to vacuum all sides of the chair to ensure a thorough cleaning.
Step 2: Spot Cleaning
The next step is to spot-clean any stains on the bean bag chair. For this, you can use a mild detergent mixed with warm water. Apply this mixture to a soft cloth and gently blot the stain – do not rub, as this can cause the stain to spread or the fabric to pill. Rin while still damp to prevent soap buildup.
If the stains are stubborn, you can use a stain remover. Be sure to follow the instructions on the stain remover’s packaging to avoid damaging the fabric. Always test the detergent and stain remover on a small, hidden area of the bag to ensure that it won’t discolor the fabric.
Step 3: Deep Cleaning
After spot cleaning, give your Big Joe bean bag chair a deeper clean to eliminate any lingering odors or hidden dirt. Mix a mild detergent with warm water in a bucket. Dampen a soft cloth with this solution and gently wipe the entire surface of the chair.
It’s essential to use a light touch and avoid soaking the fabric, which could cause the beans inside to become wet. Once you have cleaned the chair, use a dry cloth to blot any excess moisture. This method should leave your bean bag chair looking and smelling fresh.
Step 4: Rinse and Dry
After deep cleaning your Big Joe bean bag chair, it’s crucial to rinse the fabric to remove any soap residue. Use a clean, damp cloth to remove the soap gently. Remember, avoiding soaking the fabric is necessary, so ensure your cloth is not dripping wet.
Dab gently across the surface until all residues are gone. Once this is done, allow the chair to air dry. Place it in a well-ventilated area or under a ceiling fan to speed up drying.
Step 5: Inspect the Chair
After your Big Joe bean bag chair has completely dried, it’s time to inspect it closely. Look for any remaining stains or dirty spots that may need additional cleaning.
If you find any, repeat the spot cleaning and deep cleaning steps as necessary. You should also check for any signs of wear or damage, as these may require repair or replacement. It’s better to catch these issues early before they become significant problems.
Step 6: Re-fluff the Chair
After thoroughly cleaning and drying your Big Joe bean bag chair, it’s time to re-fluff it. Over time and with regular use, the beans inside the chair can become compressed, making it less comfortable.
To fluff your chair, shake it vigorously to redistribute the beans evenly. You can also manually move the beans around by pressing and pushing the chair from different sides. Once you’ve fluffed your chair, it should regain its original shape and comfort.
Step 7: Perform Regular Maintenance
Regular maintenance is the key to keeping your Big Joe bean bag chair in top shape. Make it a habit to vacuum the chair once a week to remove dust and prevent buildup. Spot clean stains as soon as they occur to prevent them from setting in, making them harder to remove later.
Additionally, conduct a deep cleaning every few months or as needed, depending on the chair’s usage and the level of dirt accumulated.
Step 8: Refresh the Filling
After a while, you may notice that your Big Joe bean bag chair doesn’t feel as comfortable or supportive as it used to. This can be because the filling has become compressed or worn over time. Fortunately, Big Joe bean bag chairs are refillable, which means you can restore their comfort and support.
Purchase the official Big Joe bean refill and follow the instructions to refill your chair. Be sure to do this in an area that’s easy to clean, as the static charge in the beans can cause them to stick to surfaces.
Step 9: Protect Your Chair
Caring for your Big Joe bean bag chair doesn’t stop at cleaning. You also need to protect it from damage and wear and tear. Keep your chair away from sharp objects that could puncture the fabric.
Avoid placing it in direct sunlight for extended periods, as this can cause the color to fade. If you have pets, consider using a pet-friendly cover to protect the chair from scratches or bites.
Step 10: Enjoy Your Fresh Bean Bag Chair
Once you’ve followed all these steps to clean, maintain, and protect your Big Joe bean bag chair, it’s time to enjoy your refreshed furniture piece! With a clean fabric, re-fluffed beans, and a renewed sense of comfort, your bean bag chair is ready to offer you the relaxed seating experience Big Joe is known for. Remember to take care of your chair; it will last you many years.
By following these steps, you can keep your Big Joe bean bag chair clean and comfortable for years to come.
5 Additional Tips and Tricks
- Preparation is Key: Before washing your Big Joe bean bag chair, be sure to read the care instructions on the tag. Some models have removable, machine-washable covers, while others might require spot-cleaning or professional cleaning services.
- Remove and Store Filling: If your Big Joe bean bag chair has a removable cover, it’s advisable to remove the filling before washing carefully. Store the filling in a large, secure bag or container to prevent spills and to make refilling easier after washing the cover.
- Spot Cleaning: Spot cleaning is your best option if your model doesn’t have a removable cover. Use a mild detergent and warm water, gently dabbing (not rubbing) over the stains. Be sure to dry the area to prevent mildew growth thoroughly.
- Avoid Bleach: Avoid using bleach or harsh detergents regardless of your cleaning method. These can discolor your Big Joe bean bag chair and cause the fabric to deteriorate over time.
- Keep it Dry: The last step is to dry your Big Joe bean bag chair cover thoroughly. Hang it outside in direct sunlight or place it on a clothesline inside the house. Allow ample time — at least an hour — for the material to completely air-dry before refilling your bean bag chair. This will help prevent any mold and mildew from forming.
With these tips in mind, you can ensure a long-lasting and comfortable Big Joe bean bag chair for years. Remember to read the care instructions before starting, and always follow best practices for washing your model to keep it looking new for as long as possible.
5 Things You Should Avoid
- Don’t Overstuff Your Chair: When it comes to bean bag chairs, the more stuffing you add, the faster it will lose its shape over time. Aim for about two-thirds of the maximum capacity for a Big Joe bean bag chair for optimal comfort and longevity.
- No Harsh Detergents: Never use harsh detergents on your Big Joe bean bag chair cover. These can damage the material and cause discoloration over time. Stick to mild detergents and warm water for spot-cleaning or when washing a removable cover.
- Don’t Use The Dryer: To avoid damaging your Big Joe bean bag chair, never put it in the dryer after washing or spot-cleaning. Always allow ample time to air-dry in direct sunlight or on a clothesline.
- No Ironing: You should also avoid ironing any part of your Big Joe bean bag chair. The heat from the iron can cause damage to the fabric and leave permanent marks behind. Stick to air-drying for best results.
- Avoid Excessive Sun Exposure: While sun exposure is important for air-drying, it’s best to avoid leaving your Big Joe bean bag chair in direct sunlight for long periods. This can cause fading and discoloration over time.
These tips will help keep your Big Joe bean bag chair looking new and comfortable.
Can You Put Bean Bag Beans in the Washing Machine?
The answer is yes, however, not all Big Joe bean bag chairs have removable covers and machine-washable beans. Before attempting this, be sure to check the care instructions provided on the label of your particular model.
If it has a removable cover and you decide to wash it in the machine, use cold water and mild detergent only. Tumble dry on a low setting and avoid using fabric softeners. Spot-cleaning is the safest option if your model doesn’t have a removable cover.
Additionally, if you’re washing the filling of your Big Joe bean bag chair, store it in a secure container or bag. This will ensure that no beans are lost during the process and that it’s easy to refill your chair later.
By following these tips for cleaning and maintaining your Big Joe bean bag chair, you can keep it looking good as new for years to come!
That wraps up our guide on how to wash a big joe bean bag chair! Washing can do wonders for your chair’s longevity and refresh it to its original pride and glory. As you can see, basic care such as spot cleaning, proper washing technique, and air-drying are all essential steps that will help keep your bean bag chair lasting longer.
With careful cleaning maintenance from time to time, you should continue to enjoy your bean bag chairs for years to come! So don’t forget: when it comes time to give your Big Joe chair the spa treatment, careful attention to detail is key.
After all, keeping a clean and comfortable seating solution is always invaluable in any home!