Do you want to secure your wardrobe or walk-in closet without resorting to the mess and noise of drilling? You don’t have to break out the drill or risk damaging your walls. As it turns out, there are many ways to securely attach a wardrobe or other large piece of furniture to a wall without using screws.
Whether you rent or own, there are easy solutions that don’t require drilling. Some of these solutions are reversible and can be removed without leaving holes or damage.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some of these options and how best to execute them effectively. Read on for some great tips and advice on how to secure wardrobe to wall without drilling!
Is It Safe?
Before we dive into the options for securing a wardrobe to the wall without drilling, let’s talk safety. To ensure that your wardrobe will stay secure and not cause any harm, you’ll need to be sure that it is properly attached. That means it should be anchored securely and fastened tightly in order for it to stay upright without tipping over onto anyone.
For this reason, we recommend using two or more sets of anchors when securing your wardrobe to the wall—the heavier the wardrobe, the more anchors you’ll need. Additionally, no matter which option or method you choose, make sure to follow all manufacturer’s instructions for installation.
What Will You Need?
Now that we’ve discussed safety let’s talk about the materials you’ll need to secure the wardrobe to the wall without drilling. These will vary depending on which solution you choose—so read through each option carefully and determine what supplies are necessary.
In general, however, some of the most common materials used for this include:
- Adhesive strips
- Rubber stoppers
- Wall anchors
- Cable ties
- Double-sided foam tape
- Cement board screws
Once you have all the necessary materials, it’s time to get to work!
10 Easy Steps on How to Secure Wardrobe to Wall Without Drilling
Step 1. Adhesive Strips:
Adhesive strips are an inexpensive and easy way to attach items like wardrobes to walls without drilling. All you have to do is peel off the backing on the adhesive strips and press them firmly against both the furniture and the wall. Then, wait for 24 hours before attaching anything else to it.
Step 2. Rubber Stopper:
Rubber stoppers are a good option if you want an easy way to attach something like a wardrobe without drilling or putting any holes in your walls. All you have to do is place the rubber stoppers at strategic places along the back of your furniture and press them into the wall firmly. This will keep your wardrobe secure without causing any damage to your walls.
Step 3. Wall Anchors:
Wall anchors are another great option for those who don’t want to risk making holes in their walls when securing a large piece of furniture. All you have to do is choose the right size anchor for your item and press them into the wall firmly. Once they are in place, you can attach ropes or straps to the anchors and then tie them to your wardrobe—making it a secure part of your home without drilling any holes.
Step 4. Cable Ties:
Cable ties are an easy way to securely fasten items like wardrobes or other large pieces of furniture without drilling into anything. Simply thread the cable ties through pre-made holes at strategic places along the back of your furniture and then loop them around something sturdy behind your wall, such as a stud or beam. This will keep everything in place and ensure your wardrobe is secure.
Step 5. Velcro:
Velcro is another great option for those who want to attach something like a wardrobe without drilling or putting any holes in their walls. All you have to do is attach two pieces of Velcro—one on the back of your furniture and one on the wall—and press them firmly together until they adhere. This will keep everything secure but can be easily removed if needed.
Step 6. Double-Sided Foam Tape:
Double-sided foam tape is ideal for those looking to securely fasten something heavy to a wall without drilling into it. Simply affix strips of double-sided foam tape along the back of your furniture and press it firmly against the wall. This will keep everything in place without causing any damage to your walls.
Step 7. Cement Board Screws:
Cement board screws are a great option for those who own their home and want to attach something like a wardrobe without drilling into anything. All you have to do is pre-drill some pilot holes into the wall, insert the screw, and then secure them with a washer and nut. This will ensure that your wardrobe is securely fastened to your wall without putting any unnecessary strain on it from drilling into the surface.
Step 8. Picture Hooks:
Picture hooks are an easy way to hang items like wardrobes without having to drill into your walls. Simply affix the appropriate number of picture hooks along the back of your wardrobe and then hang it up like you would a picture. This will keep everything securely in place without risking damaging your walls.
Step 9. Furniture Sliders:
Furniture sliders are a great option for those who want to move their wardrobes or other large pieces of furniture without drilling into anything. All you have to do is attach the sliders onto the bottom of each leg of your furniture and then slide it across your floor—it’s as easy as that!
Step 10. Wall Straps:
Wall straps are another good solution for those who want to securely attach a large piece of furniture to the wall without drilling into anything. All you have to do is loop the straps through pre-made holes at strategic places along the back of your furniture and then fasten them tightly onto something sturdy behind your wall, such as a stud or beam. This will keep everything in place without causing any damage to your walls.
Following these steps on securing the wardrobe to the wall without drilling is a great way to ensure that your furniture remains secure and stable in its spot without risking any damage or harm from drilling into it. Make sure to plan ahead and double-check all measurements before starting—that way, you can be confident that you’ll get the job done right!
5 Additional Tips and Tricks
- Use a wardrobe anchor bracket designed to secure your wardrobe to the wall without drilling. It can be placed in any room corner and fixed using screws.
- Use adhesive hooks or double-sided tape for light items like small clothing racks or shelves. This is an easy way to attach items to the wall without drilling any holes.
- If you have heavier items, use a French cleat system, which involves attaching two pieces of wood together with screws that are angled so they grip each other securely when attached. This allows you to hang heavy pieces of furniture from the wall without drilling any holes.
- You can also use IKEA’s KOMPLEMENT wardrobe brackets, which are designed to be installed without drilling or fixing. They clip onto the side of your wardrobe and can be adjusted as needed.
- If you’re looking for a more secure option, you can use wall anchors and screws. These will require some holes in the wall, but they offer a great way to ensure that your items stay securely in place. Ensure not to overtighten the screws, as this could damage your wall.
Following these tips will help you secure your wardrobe to the wall without drilling any holes – saving time and offering peace of mind!
5 Things You Should Avoid
- Nails and Screws: Drilling holes into your walls can weaken the structure. Instead, try using alternative methods for securing items to the wall.
- Glue: Although it may seem like a good idea, glue is not a secure way of affixing items to the wall. It tends to lose its grip over time and can result in damage if items are pulled off forcefully or accidentally.
- Command Strips: These may be a popular way of hanging lightweight items on the wall, but they are unsuitable for heavy objects as they tend to come off easily due to their adhesive nature.
- Double-sided Foam Tape: This type of tape is less effective than other options when it comes to securing items to the wall. Over time, the adhesive will weaken and lose its grip, resulting in items falling off unexpectedly.
- Panel Pins: Panel pins can damage walls and should be avoided when securing items to the wall without drilling. With the right alternatives, you can securely attach items to your walls without making any permanent changes or risking damage.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your wardrobe is securely attached to the wall without drilling any holes!
In summary, there are multiple ways how to secure wardrobe to wall without drilling. While some require more strength or force than others, each tactic will help keep your wardrobe stable and safe.
Closet Maid shelf supports, ratchet straps, furniture pins, and fasteners have all proven successful in supporting wardrobes. Furthermore, you can use wall hooks or cabinet bumpers to prevent damage from occurring on walls not suitable for drilling.
You can easily secure your wardrobe without damaging your walls with careful consideration and planning. Ultimately, the best method is the one that works best for you – so experiment with these various alternatives until you find the ideal way of steadying your wardrobe!