Do you have a metal bed frame that’s taking away from your home décor? Taking the time to hide the legs can make a huge difference in how your bedroom looks.
With just some basic supplies like fabric or felt, you can add some whimsical charm to this otherwise utilitarian bed frame by covering up its bare legs with something that matches the rest of your space’s aesthetic.
Their legs often stand out when it comes to metal bed frames and can be an eyesore in the room.
Whether you are looking for a way to make them blend in with your decor or simply want something to hide their stark appearance, there is no need to worry – all you need is some creative thinking and, perhaps, a few additional items.
In this blog post, we’ll cover ways how to hide metal bed frame legs.
Why Should You Hide Your Metal Bed Frame Legs?
Metal bed frames are incredibly strong and durable, making them perfect for long-term use. However, their bare legs can look unsightly and make the room appear unfinished.
Hiding these legs with a covering of some sort is an easy way to personalize your space without investing in a new frame. Plus, it can also add a touch of decor to your room as well.
Overall, covering up the legs of your metal bed frame can help bring out the beauty of your bedroom and make it look more stylish than before.
What Will You Need?
You’ll need a few supplies to hide the legs of your metal bed frame. Fortunately, completing this task is not too difficult, and you may already have some of these items in your home.
The things that you should gather before getting started are:
- Fabric or felt (depending on how much coverage you want)
- Measuring tape/ruler
- Sewing machine/needle & thread (optional)
- Glue gun and glue sticks (optional if using fabric)
Once you have these items, you are ready to get to work.
10 Easy Steps on How to Hide Metal Bed Frame Legs
Now that you have all the necessary supplies, it’s time to start hiding those metal bed frame legs. Here is how you can do this in just a few simple steps.
1. Measure the Length and Width:
Use a measuring tape to determine how long and wide each leg is. This will give you an idea of how much fabric you’ll need for this project. Moreover, you can use the measurements to cut out your fabric accordingly.
2. Cut Pieces of Fabric:
Once you know how much fabric you’ll need, start cutting out the pieces. Make sure that each piece is slightly larger than the length and width of each leg. This will give you some extra coverage to play around with when attaching the fabric to the legs.
3. Attach Pieces of Fabric:
Now it’s time to attach the pieces of fabric to the bed frame legs. You can use either glue or stitches, depending on how secure you want them attached. If using glue, it’s a good idea to use a hot glue gun, as this will help ensure everything stays in place.
4. Hang Bed Frame Back on Legs:
Once all four legs have been covered, put your bed frame back together and hang it on its legs again. If everything looks how you want it to, then the project is complete! Be careful when moving the bed frame around, as you don’t want the fabric to come off.
5. Adjust the Fabric:
Now that the bed frame is back on its legs adjust the fabric to fit snugly around each leg. You may need to use more glue or stitches if needed to keep everything secure. Ensure that the fabric is not too tight, which could cause it to come off more easily.
6. Add Finishing Touches:
Once you are happy with how the fabric looks and how it fits, add any finishing touches, such as trim or lace, to give a bit of added flair. Don’t forget to finish off the seams with a nice hem or trim to give it an extra polished look. It will look like your bed frame was made with the fabric on it!
7. Let Dry Completely:
If using glue, make sure you let everything dry completely before doing anything else. This will help ensure that your work stays secure and looks its best for years to come. Use a fan or hair dryer to speed up the drying process if needed.
8. Enjoy your New Look:
Now you can enjoy your newly decorated bed frame and how much more stylish it looks! Your room will look so much better without those unsightly metal legs sticking out. Plus, you now have a unique and personalized space that you can call your own.
9. Clean Up:
Once everything is finished, clean up any messes that may have been made along the way. This includes getting rid of any excess fabric scraps or glue residue. You can also remove any pins left over from using a sewing machine.
10. Pat Yourself on the Back:
Finally, take a moment to appreciate how great your newly decorated metal bed frame looks! You did it – mission accomplished! There’s nothing quite like the feeling of knowing how clever and creative you are with DIY projects like this one.
Following these ten simple steps, you can easily hide your metal bed frame legs and give your bedroom a new look. Whether you choose to use fabric, paint, wallpaper, or something else – have fun with the project and enjoy how it turns out! Thanks for reading, and happy decorating!
5 Additional Tips and Tricks
- Place furniture pads or rugs around bed legs to cover any exposed metal. This will soften the bed’s look and add a layer of protection between your feet and the metal frame.
- Add decorative curtains behind the headboard to conceal any exposed metal legs. You can also install a fabric-wrapped panel above the headboard for an elegant solution.
- Purchase floor protectors specifically designed for hiding bed frame legs, such as heavy-duty plastic pads or felt pieces with an adhesive backing that you can easily attach to each leg.
- Place planters or other plant stands around each leg of the bed for a colorful, functional way to hide them away from sight.
- Paint the legs with spray paint in a color that complements your bedroom décor. Make sure to use paint specifically made for metal surfaces so it will last longer.
With a little bit of creativity and effort, you can easily hide any unsightly metal bed frame legs in your home. Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be on your way to enjoying a more aesthetically pleasing sleep experience.
5 Things You Should Avoid
- Don’t Use Tape: Trying to hide the metal legs with tape may seem like an easy, quick solution; however, over time, this can cause damage to both the frame and the wall.
- Don’t Paint Your Bed Frame: While it may be tempting to repaint your metal bed frame in a different color, Painting directly onto a metal surface can leave behind a thick layer of paint that easily chips away and creates more of an eyesore than before.
- Don’t Use Furniture Feet: If you want to achieve a sleeker look for your bedroom furniture, avoid getting furniture feet, as these will only draw attention to the legs of the bed frame rather than hiding them.
- Don’t Cover It With Throw Pillows or Blankets: For the bed frame to look neat and tidy, it is important that the metal legs are hidden. Covering them with throw pillows or blankets will only make the space look cluttered.
- Don’t Use Fabric Wrap: If you are looking for a temporary solution, using fabric wrap may seem like an easy way to hide your bed frame’s metal legs. However, this can easily be pulled off and leave behind a sticky residue on the bed frame and damage to the walls.
Instead of these options, adding simple decorative decorations such as attaching curtains or tapestries around the bed frame is an effective way to hide its metal legs in a stylish and elegant manner. By avoiding the above options and trying out different solutions, such as curtains or wooden panels, you can easily hide your metal bed frame’s legs in an attractive and effective manner. This will allow you to have a neat and tidy bedroom free of unsightly metal bed frames!
Overall, hiding metal bed frame legs is a great way to give an old bed frame a modern and updated look. With the right supplies and a bit of effort, you can easily hide your metal bed legs without breaking the bank on a costly renovation project. It’s amazing what a bit of creativity and skill can do!
Whether you chose to wrap the legs in fabric or encase them in wooden boxes, you’ll be surprised by how easy it was to camouflage the legs and give your bedroom space an instant upgrade. Give yourself a pat on the back, and enjoy inviting people into your newly re-energized bedroom – they’re sure to be impressed.
Thanks for joining us as we discussed ways to conceal those pesky metal bed legs!
We hope this post has given readers valuable insight into how to hide metal bed frame legs and make any bedroom space feel new and exciting. Until next time!