Are you tired of the plain style of your bed and want to dress it up with something a little more stylish? Adding a throw can be an easy and cost-effective way to spruce up any bedroom. Throws come in so many colors, textures, sizes, and patterns that there’s sure to be one perfect for you and your home needs! It is important to know how to decorate a bed with a throw.
In this blog post, we’ll go over some tips on how to decorate a bedroom with a throw such as what size works best, choosing the right color scheme or pattern, layering throws for maximum effect, using pillows strategically placed around the throw too much and other great styling advice. So let’s get started – with these simple steps you’ll have your bed looking like it came straight from the showroom in no time!
Tools You Will Need
- Throw Pillows
- Decorative Accents such as Tassels, Sequins, or Poms
- Bedspread or Headboard (optional)
How to Choose the Perfect Throw for Your Bed?
When it comes to choosing a throw for your bed, it’s important to consider the item’s material and size. Make sure that the throw is made of high-quality fabric that is cozy and comfortable against your skin. If you tend to get overheated while you sleep, opt for breathable natural materials such as cotton or linen.
In terms of size, select a throw that matches your bed: if it’s full-sized, then go with a large one; if it’s a twin or queen-sized bed, then opt for an appropriately-sized throw. Additionally, choose a color that works with existing décor in your bedroom so the look ties together nicely. With these guidelines in mind, you’ll be able to select the perfect throw for your bed!
5 Easy Steps Guide on How to Decorate a Bed With a Throw
1. Decide the Type of Throw
Choosing the right type of throw for your bed can be a difficult but ultimately rewarding task. Not only do throws provide a timeless aesthetic and cozy comfort, but the textural interest they bring can easily transform your entire space! If you’re looking to make a bold statement, select a statement-making large throw blanket that will effectively cover the entirety of your bed.
If you want something more subtly stylish, layer multiple smaller throws over a vibrant textile such as a quilted headboard or intricately detailed bedspread to give your bedroom an extra personal touch. With some careful styling, you’ll be sure to create an eye-catching space filled with warmth and comfort.
2. Choose the Right Color Scheme and Pattern
When choosing the right color scheme and pattern for your decor, there are a few things to remember. First and foremost, think about what type of atmosphere you want your space to have. Are you looking for something neutral that will match the current decor or something bold and vibrant to give the room more energy?
If you’re going with multiple tones, stick to two or three maximum so that it doesn’t become overwhelming. If in doubt, neutrals can never go wrong as they offer a good contrast against existing furniture without looking too busy – a great option for those who don’t want to disrupt the flow of the room!
3. Layer Up
It’s all about the layers! An expertly layered bed can transform any space from plain and dull to a cozy, inviting area. Whether you’re looking for an extra bit of snuggly warmth or just want to spruce up a room, adding some throws of varying sizes is the way to go.
Start with a larger throw to cover the majority of your bed, then layer smaller throws on top for added texture and color. Don’t forget to drape them over your bedspread and headboard too – it has the same effect as a finished hem does for clothing. With this easy trick, anyone can quickly enjoy a stylish setup in their bedroom!
4. Create Visual Interest
Pillows can completely transform the look of your throw! Strategically place the pillows and don’t be afraid to get creative with different shapes and sizes for some visual interest. A great way to take it up a notch is by using some fun textures too, like velvet or knit.
Take your decorating up a notch by playing around with the density of pillows – you can use more in certain areas and less in others to achieve balance. Don’t forget that more goes into creating an interesting aesthetic than just buying cushions—details like tassels, pretty piping details, and fringe will also help enhance your look.
5. Add Some Decorative Accents
If you’re looking for a way to take your throw to the next level, consider adding some decorative accents such as tassels, sequins, or poms. These simple embellishments work together to create an eye-catching look that will personalize any throw and make it look even more luxe.
Plus, with so many styles available, you can choose accents that express your specific taste. Tassels and poms add texture and visual interest for a classic bohemian feel while sequins add a bit of glitz and glamour; either way, these decorative accents are sure to be conversation starters!
With these simple tips, you’ll be able to transform your bedroom into a cozy oasis. Whether you’re looking for a color boost or just want to add some texture and pattern, decorating your bed with a throw is an inexpensive way to give your space new life. So go ahead – get creative and find the perfect look for your room!
You Can Check It Out To Keep Sheets on Adjustable Bed
6 Additional Tips on Decorating a Bed With a Throw
1. One of the most important things to consider when decorating a bedroom with a throw is the size of the throw. You want to make sure that the throw is large enough to cover the entire bed, but not so large that it looks overwhelming. A good rule of thumb is to choose a throw that is about half the size of the bed.
2. When choosing a color for your throw, you want to consider both the color of the bed and the color of the room. You want to choose a color that will complement both the bed and the room. For example, if you have a white bed, you might want to choose a light-colored throw, such as pale blue or light pink.
If you have a dark-colored bed, you might want to choose a darker-colored throw, such as burgundy or navy blue.
3. Another thing to consider when choosing a throw is the pattern or texture. You want to choose a throw with a pattern or texture that complements the bed and the room.
For example, if you have a striped bedspread, you might want to choose a solid-colored throw with a textured surface, such as chenille or velvet. If you have a solid-colored bedspread, you might want to choose a throw with a pattern, such as plaid or floral.
4. When decorating a bedroom with a throw, you also want to consider the season. For example, if it is winter, you might want to choose a thick, warm throw made from wool or cashmere. If it is summer, you might want to choose a lighter-weight throw made from cotton or linen.
5. Another way to decorate a bedroom with a throw is to add pillows. Throw pillows are available in many different sizes, colors, and styles, so you should have no problem finding ones that complement your bed and your room. When adding pillows, you want to make sure that they are evenly distributed on either side of the bed. You also want to make sure that they are not too close together or too far apart.
6. When using pillows and throws to decorate your bed, you want to use coordinating colors. For example, if your bedspread is blue and your walls are white, you might want to use blue pillows and throws on your bed. If your walls are green and your furniture is brown, you might want to use green pillows and throws on your bed
You Can Check It Out To Cover Bed Frame
How to Add Personality With Pillows and Throws?
Pillows and throws are a great way to inject some personality into any room. Whether it’s bright colors, daring prints, or comfy textures, adding a few decorative pillows and throws will make your space unique. Consider selecting bold patterns that reflect your style and add warmth with cozy materials like velvet and mohair.
There are endless options available, so have fun while choosing items that coordinate with the existing decor in the room. Vertical stripes can add height while horizontal stripes create a sense of breadth – experiment with scale to get the right effect. Finally, remember to stack pillows of different heights and textures to create visual interest – this tip alone can bring a touch of flair to your favorite living area in no time!
A throw can add something special to a bed. It can provide extra warmth on a cold night or simply be a decorative accent. You should carefully determine how to decorate a bed with a throw. There are points to consider when decorating a bedroom with a throw. Choose a style that suits your taste and the overall aesthetic of the room. Think about fabric and color; both should be complementary to the rest of the design scheme. Keep functionality in mind; a decorated bed should still be comfortable to sleep in! With these tips in mind, you’re sure to end up with a beautiful and inviting bedroom space.
You Can Check It Out To Make a Bed Frame More Sturdy